Pages

Wednesday 8 October 2014

MMMM Post 2...

Hello!
Here is post 2 for MMMM and I have my first finish!
'Joy" by The Sweetheart Tree
32 count Opalescent-Raw Belfast Linen
2 over 2
Started 1/10/14 Finished 5/10/14

I absolutely love it and hope to have it completely finished this weekend. This is by far the most complicated piece I've ever done with all the back stitching and half stitches. It's also my first beaded project and I have to say that I loved adding the beads and they just make it so gorgeous.

As for my Snowman Mill Hill Kit. I haven't gotten back to him and there is one good reason for that.
Beads! Haha. 2 packets of beads with 3 different greens. My goodness.
Well after a few hours of squinting at tiny glass beads and sorting them all I am proud to show you this...

Oh yes. All sorted. Haha. My neck was so sore afterwards but now I can finally get back to stitching. 

Well, almost get back to stitching. We had a little bit of a health disaster...
Yes, my poor little man got really sick last night and we spent 5 hours in the emergency department trying to figure out what was wrong. Well I am now happy to report that other than being extremely sleep deprived that he is fine. It's just a minor virus that caused an asthmatic reaction and we are now home and doing very well. I have to say that I was more stressed than he was. Haha.

Well that is all for now. Hopefully I will have some progress to show you on Friday and a give away on Sunday. Thank you to everyone that is following my little blog :) It's just so nice to wake up and see new comments and followers.

Until next time, thank you for following, commenting and reading,
Nel.



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, I had a lot of fun doing it :) May have to look out for some more that are similar :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that your son is okay. That would be scary. Congrats on the adorable finish. I would never stitch with beads. No patience.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was but I'm glad that he is ok now :) Thank you! Haha, I thought I would be the same so I was pleasantly surprised :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear that your son is ok. I have asthma myself and know how scary that can be.

    Joy is joyful, and good luck with the beads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) He is doing much better now.

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear that your little man gave you a bit of a medical scare! I know just how that feels...
    Your piece is GORGEOUS! I would not have had the patience to sort through the different green beads!
    Had a peak at how you finished it and what an excellent finish!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was horrible at the time but he is absolutely fine now. You wouldn't believe that he was so sick last week.
      Oh thank you! :) And yes, I'd never do another Mill Hill kit like that because of the beads. Haha.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment. I love hearing from anyone out there that took the time to read my posts!